Maggie is the General Manager of our Shanghai office. She has helped multinational companies to develop and implement their sustainability strategies in China across retail, publishing and pharmaceutical sectors. Maggie believes in collaborative thinking in tackling complex supply chain issues. She has been managing some multi-clients projects from our China office on human rights and responsible procurement. Previously she worked for Disney’s International Labour Standards team in Guangzhou. Maggie speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Maggie in our news section…
Job Vacancy - Administrative Assistant / Trainee Consultant (Shanghai)
- 02 November 2016
- Maggie Zhang
Our Shanghai team is growing, and we need a recent graduate to help as an administrative assistant/ trainee consultant. The role will include administrative tasks, including liaising with our accountants, producing invoices, and updating internal financial files. There will also be a research and advisory element, such as organising marketing events and writing briefing notes. The successful candidate will have the chance to train as a consultant by starting out on research and administration for client projects, moving up to become a consultant if displaying the right skills and potential.
We are always looking for new and innovative ways to tackle sustainability issues, and we do cutting edge work with some of the world's biggest companies. We have a culture which prizes flexibility and creative thinking. This means we have a fun office where everyone can, and must, speak their mind: we expect ideas and questions from all employees because clients pay us to challenge the status quo. This is an exciting chance to gain sustainability and commercial experience in an international context.
• Proven interest in business and sustainability
• Fluent English & Mandarin, both written and verbal
• Great attention to detail
• Confidence with all types of communication, face to face, phone, email, etc.
• University graduate
• Good numeracy skills
• Microsoft office capability: PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
• Background in environmental science or labour practices preferred but not required
• Assist in financial admin (Bills and expenses, invoicing, organising fapiao, cash flow, tax, etc.)
• Office admin (Contracts, maintaining contact lists, booking travel, replenish office supplies, etc.)
• Support the team on client projects (Supplier engagement, research, system maintenance, translation, etc.)
• Managing office suppliers and maintaining good relationships
• Organising marketing events
• Additional support for team
• Able to work independently
• Self-motivated and reliable
• Willing to engage and communicate
• Able to work under pressure
• Detail oriented and with patience
Start date – As soon as possible (Undergraduates could start as an intern)
Type – Full-time
Location – Xuhui, Shanghai
Pay – Competitive
To apply for this position, please send your CV (both in English and Chinese) and cover letter (English) to Maggie Zhang before Friday 18 November.
Cover letter should include (but not limited to):
• Your understanding of CR/ sustainability
• Why you want to work in the CR/ sustainability area
• Why you want to work in a consultancy
All information provided will only be used for recruitment purpose. We look forward to hearing from you!