We’re always on the lookout for talented individuals and recruit at all levels.
At Carnstone we offer a supportive, friendly and creative atmosphere where partners have the opportunity to grow and specialise as consultants while tackling big sustainability challenges:
- We pride ourselves on the quality of our work, and meeting our clients’ needs are paramount;
- We engage in challenging and often bespoke work across a variety of sectors and are therefore able to use our skills to their fullest extent;
- Our work patterns are flexible. This enables us to adapt both to the needs of our clients and the needs of our personal lives;
- Our partners enjoy a degree of independence and autonomy. They are encouraged to take responsibility for managing their own work schedules and their client accounts as soon as they join;
- We encourage partners to explore their own areas of interest and to develop their own areas of expertise; and
- As a small team, we are able to operate with limited bureaucracy, whilst providing the support and processes needed to run a successful consultancy business.
What we’re looking for
We employ smart people from a variety of academic disciplines and professional backgrounds. Our Partners and Senior Partners arrive with several years’ relevant experience in one or more aspects of sustainability, be it social or environmental. They come with proven experience in project or client management, and a particular area of expertise to complement the existing team. We appreciate a commercial aptitude, and previous consultancy experience is a distinct advantage.
We recruit interns and Junior Partners who are able to demonstrate exceptional levels of drive, curiosity and interest in sustainability. Most of them join us after successfully completing a relevant undergraduate degree in science, engineering, business, sustainability or a related subject.
Our benefits package
Not only is Carnstone a great place to work, we supplement this with a favourable benefits package. For all our London-based partners this includes:
- A central London HQ close to major commuting routes;
- For full time employees, 25 days a year paid annual leave plus paid time off on public holidays;
- 6 volunteering days a year to work with a charity of your choice;
- Maternity, paternity and adoption leave arrangements that are above the statutory minimums;
- Cycle-to-work scheme;
- Paid sick leave and time off for medical appointments;
- Group personal pension scheme with 10% annual company pension contribution;
- Private medical insurance with AXA Health (Executive cover);
- Life and critical illness insurance;
- Income protection insurance; and
- Business travel insurance.
Working parents and carers
We know that our partners are the most productive when they have a work-life balance that helps them to meet their responsibilities outside work.
So if you are a working parent or carer, looking to return to work after an extended career break or have taken time off for other family commitments then Carnstone is the place for you. Through our flexible working arrangements and high-spec IT facilities, we support our parents and carers in making the most of their careers with us.
For the right candidates, we are able to offer part-time contracts, flexible working / working at home days, school hours’ only arrangements and even term-only contracts.