You can judge a consultancy by the quality and career paths of its alumni
While most Carnstone employees stay with us for a long time, some choose to pursue new career challenges in client businesses and beyond. We like to keep in touch with our alumni, as friends and as business people, as it gives us insights into what is happening within other sectors and industries.
Carnstone alumni include…
- Amber Madley (nee Johns), who left us as a Junior Partner in 2016 to join Unilever's Integrated Social Sustainability Programme team.
- Ben Jarman, who left us as a Partner in 2016 and is now Associate at Brunswick Group.
- Chaochao Chen, who left us as a Junior Partner in 2017 to join WWF-China as a water stewardship consultant.
- Dr. Christian Toennesen, who left us a Senior Partner and Director in 2021 to take up the position of Group Director of Sustainability at Selfridges Group.
- Ciara Sheehan, who left us as a Junior Partner in 2018 and is now Environmental and Social Advisor at BP.
- Jen Rooney, who left as a Junior Partner in 2018 and is now an employee wellbeing trainer, speaker and consultant.
- Julia French, who left us as a Junior Partner in 2020 to pursue a Masters and is now Deputy Manager – Responsible Investment at Local Pensions Partnership.
- Julia Giannini, who left us as a Junior Partner in 2014 and is now Head of Environment and Climate Action at BUPA.
- Kené Umeasiegbu, who left us as a Partner in 2013 to become Head of Environment at Tesco.
- Lydia Elliot, who left as a Partner Manager in 2020 to take up the position of Supply Chains Manager at We Mean Business.
- Nick Ceasar, who left us as a Senior Partner in 2008 and is now Enterprise Talent Lead for NatWest Markets.
- Nick Sammons, who left as a Partner in 2019 to become a Geography teacher.
- Peter de Graaf, who left us as a Senior Partner in 2016 to Join the Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI) as its Chief Operating Officer and is now a Senior Advisor at Leidar and a Non-Executive Director at Carnstone.
- Tristan Edmondson, who left as a Senior Partner in 2019 and is now Head of Responsible Sourcing at Sedex.