Carnstone established a Shanghai office in December 2014 to serve the growing market for companies embedding sustainability in their Asian operations.
Carnstone Asia provides two types of services:
- Our traditional work of improving the supply chain impacts of international companies doing business in Asia.
This has taken the form of:
- Developing supply chain strategies and projects to mitigate the environmental and social risks that international companies face in Asia.
- Managing those projects for maximum impact.
- Developing supply chain environmental, labour rights, and health and safety standards and policies.
- More recently Carnstone Asia has started to help companies realize the benefits from being more sustainable in their own retail, service provision, and manufacturing operations in China.
- Helped a company understand how Chinese consumers’ concern for the environment can be a risk and also a marketing opportunity.
- Developed and implemented a strategy for ensuring a client’s construction site had good labour rights standards.
- Ensured China-based sourcing offices have the skills to manage sustainability.